Nicki: Picking you up
Sarai: I wanna ride the bus home..
Nicki: Well you're not today
Sarai: Why?
Nicki: You'll see. You know where I park (:
Nicki smiled and dangled her keys as she always got her way. She opened her front door, made her way to the car, got in, and started it. Nicki loved the new car smell. As she was turning out of her subdivision, she didn't think to look at the house that had just been moved in to and it had been heavy on her mind.
-----------
"What's so important that I couldn't ride the bus home like I always do?" asked Sarai getting into the car. "And why aren't you at work? You didn't get fired did you?"
"Geez, hello to you too. How about a "Hey mom, how was your day? How are you?"
Sarai looked at her and rolled her eyes as Nicki pulled off into traffic.
"Is there a reason my father just texted me saying 'I miss u n i hoe everythin go good. try to change luv". Sarai squinted as she had a hard time reading his text message. 'illiterate ass' she thought to herself.
Nicki chuckled softly. "He isn't very good with electronics, obviously."
"True, but what is he talking about?"
Nic didn't respond, instead she pulled into the 'Cold Stone' parking lot.
Sarai squinted. "This isn't like you at all."
"Like what? I can't take my lovely daughter out for ice cream every once in a while?"
She looked at the 'Cold Stone' sign, and back at Nicki. "Every once in a while?! Ma, you haven't done this in years! "
"Do you want icecream or not?"
"Alright, fine! Unlock the door."
Nicki unlocked the door and two made their way into the proverbial creamery.
"What do you want?" Nicki asked getting out her wallet.
'Birthday Cake Remix"
Nicki ordered herself a red velvet cupcake, and then made her way to the table Sarai had saved for the two of them.
"Ohmygosh, this is amazing." Nicki said indulging in her favorite flavored cupcake ever. "You don't understand how moist this is, my God."
"Now what happened?"
Nicki didn't notice, but as her and Sarai were talking, Officer Samuels and his daughter also walked into the icecream place. He noticed Nicki, and a smile immediately lit across his face.
"Daddy, why are you smiling so hard?" his 4 year old daughter, Nyla, asked him.
--------
"So, basically your dad left today." Nicki paused and waited on her reaction.
"Okay?" she took a bite of her birthday cake remix.
"I packed all of his things, a couple of pictures, and.. he just isn't here anymore. He said he was going to try to get an apartment out of town but try to keep the job he has now. He's been so abusive, and has caused me and you so many probl....-
"Nicki?" Safaree layed his hand on her shoulder, causing her to turn around and Sarai to raise an eyebrow.
"Oh, hi! What are you doing here? And who's this little cutie pie? She's adorable." Nicki smiled and cheesed at his daughter.
"This is Nyla. Are you gonna say hi?" She slowly hid behind Safaree grabbing his pants leg. "Sorry, Nic. She's kinda shy."
'Nic? He called me Nic like he knows me? K.' Nicki thought to herself.
"Go grab a chair and take a seat!" Nic invited him over to their table.
"Who is he?!" Sarai whispered.
"Mind your own!" winked Nicki.
"We just moved here a couple of weeks ago, but we've been staying into a hotel until they add the final touches to our house. I have a son also, he's 13 though." Safaree announced while pulling up a chair. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be so rude. Is this your daughter, Nicki?"
"Yep, that's me. So, what do you do for a living Mr. Samuels?" she half smirked.
"You're a curious one, I see." Safaree chucked and noticed how Nicki kicked her under the table. "Well, I'm the new police chief here in Forsyth County, and I also part own a jewelry store in downtown Atlanta."
"A jewelry store? Wow, you didn't tell me that!" Nicki was shocked and intrigued. Hmmm, a man with two jobs, can buy his own house, 2 kids, and is super attractive and sweet? She'll take that.
"Daddy, I want Icecream now!" His daughter cried.
"Oh, uhm. I can take her up there so you guys can talk if you want."Sarai offered." Safaree handed her a 20 and gave Nyla off to her.
The two of them sat in silence for a while, not really knowing what to say. Safaree, once again, was mesmerized by her beauty. Never had he seen a woman carry herself the way Nicki did, and looked as beautiful as she did. Nicki? The same way. Sure, she liked him.. but wasn't really sure if she was ready or not for a full relationship after the one she just got out of. To her, he was perfect.
"So, where did you move to?" Nicki asked staring into his eyes.
"We recently just moved to Bookhout drive, not to far from here. A house at the end of the subdivision, a real nice neighborhood. The school district is pretty good. My family really likes it out here. I mean, my family meaning me, Nyla, and Noah. My ex wife, Marissa, she was white.. we were married for about 12 years but last month I filed for divorce. Thank God, I got full custody of my kids. I'm just trying to be the best father I can. She's in the process of becoming a recovering alcoholic, but she keeps having relapses. Marissa also doesn't want anything to do with them anymore, which is sad and hard on me. She was the first woman I ever really loved. I'm not gonna lie, I miss her and think about her everyday. She was just..."
Nicki didn't know what to say. This guy just poured her whole heart out to him. The whole time he was talking, she took the time to study everything about him. The first time she saw him, she never would have that he would have went through so much. Just like her.
"Wow, I am so sor-" Nicki began to say, but was cut off.
"Daddy!!! Sarai got me icecream!" Nyla jumped on his lap.
"Can I get some?" he asked, gesturing for Sarai to keep the change.
"No, it's all mine!" She wined.
"But I payed for it, with my own money." he tickled her until she edged off his knee.
"Fine." Nyla pouted and let Safaree have a spoonful.
"But, what were you saying Nicki?"
"Uhhhh, I was just saying that you uhhmmm live down the street from me!" she forced a smile.
"Really? You wanna come to our House Warming party this Friday night? It's nothing big. I would love for you and Sarai to come."
"Thank you so much." Nicki grabbed her purse from off the side of the chair, getting ready to leave.
"I'll call you and let you know what time it is." Safaree got up from his seat, and gave Nicki a hug. 'Woah. This nigga just hugged me? He smells so good, but his chain is beyond cold. Gah, why is he so tall.' she thought to herself. Safaree never wanted to let go of her. He knew that she belonged right there in his arms.
"You'll call me? How do you even know my number?" Nicki asked releasing from his tight hug. Safaree pointed to his badge, and tipped his hat.
"Ohhhh gotcha! I guess I'll see you around." she waved bye to him while leaving the store.
---------------
"Daddy, who was that lady?" Nyla asked while following him into the kitchen.
"Yo, what lady? You seein somebody pops?" Noah barged in the kitchen, rambling through the refrigerator. "Son, we aint got no food here. How am I supposed to eat?" he fussed.
"She's just a new friend. It's nothing too serious. But, she is coming to our house warming on Friday." he made clear.
"How are we gonna have a house warming party when we don't even have food in the refrigerator?" asked Noah, taking a seat at the kitchen table.
"Chill, son. It's plenty of food in the pantry."
"I like her daddy, she's nice."
"I like her too baby girl, I like her a lot." he smirked at the thought of them being together. How cute.
"Whatever, I'll be in my room." Noah walked away while spinning a basketball on his index finger.
"Daddy, is that lady gonna be our new mommy?" she asked leaning against the freezer, looking down at the floor.
"Do you want her to your new mommy, Ny?" he picked her up and started towards the staircase.
"Yes, Old mommy not nice."
"Alright, alright, I see what you're saying kiddo." Safaree sighed as he opened up the doors to her 'Princess themed room' "You like it?"
"Yeah, it's pretty. Put me down now, I wanna go to sleep."
"You sure you're gonna be okay in here by yourself?" He asked, cutting off the lights.
"Yes Daddy, I'm a big girl." Safaree smiled at how cute she was, and closed the door behind him. Making his way downstairs, he grabbed the house phone and dialed her number which he had found as soon as he got home. This conversation, was one he was waiting for.
His hands shook as he dialed the number and waited for an answer.
---------------
"Is this who I think it is?" Nicki smiled, turned on the dishwasher, and ran upstairs to her bedroom.
"You thought right, then." he laughed. "What are you doing? Having a good night?"
"Just got done doing dishes, laying down. Yes, my night is marvelous darling." Nic responded in a British accent.
"Wow, man! I had an amazing time tonight at 'Cold Stone', I'm kinda glad I ran into you again."
"I can say the same."
"So... what were you saying before the girls came to the table?" he asked, pacing back and forth in the living room.
"I was just saying how I never would have thought you would have went through something like that, that's all."
"I mean, everybody has a story, but it's up for you to tell it or not. You didn't have to lie, by the way. I overheard you and your daughter's conversation. Not eavesdropping or anything though. Why don't you turn that man in? He has no right to hit you like he does!!"
Nicki sighed heavily before she responded. "Look, Safaree. He's gone. He left today, and I don't know if he's coming back. Are you happy?"
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say it like that. I'm really sorry. I'm trying to learn how to separate police work and personal life. Sorry." on the other line, he felt so stupid.
"Oh. So, I'm in your personal life now?" Nicki cheesed extra hard, and stared at the ceiling.
"I guess you are. But, hey. Nyla is calling my name, so I think I gotta go. I hate to be so rude."
"Oh, no it's fine. Go tend to your little ladybug! I'll talk to you some other time."
"Alright, have a good night." What he really wanted to say just couldn't come out right, and he wondered if it ever would.
"You too."
Click.
"I.. I... I love you, Nicki." ♥
You like? Y'all have been bugging me about bringing Safaree in, & now he's here!!! (: K. Here are a little visuals...


This is Noah. This is Nyla.
Remember his exwife is white? So, they're mixed. Alright? Alright.
Safaree's new house.
Nicki unlocked the door and two made their way into the proverbial creamery.
"What do you want?" Nicki asked getting out her wallet.
'Birthday Cake Remix"
Nicki ordered herself a red velvet cupcake, and then made her way to the table Sarai had saved for the two of them.
"Ohmygosh, this is amazing." Nicki said indulging in her favorite flavored cupcake ever. "You don't understand how moist this is, my God."
"Now what happened?"
Nicki didn't notice, but as her and Sarai were talking, Officer Samuels and his daughter also walked into the icecream place. He noticed Nicki, and a smile immediately lit across his face.
"Daddy, why are you smiling so hard?" his 4 year old daughter, Nyla, asked him.
--------
"So, basically your dad left today." Nicki paused and waited on her reaction.
"Okay?" she took a bite of her birthday cake remix.
"I packed all of his things, a couple of pictures, and.. he just isn't here anymore. He said he was going to try to get an apartment out of town but try to keep the job he has now. He's been so abusive, and has caused me and you so many probl....-
"Nicki?" Safaree layed his hand on her shoulder, causing her to turn around and Sarai to raise an eyebrow.
"Oh, hi! What are you doing here? And who's this little cutie pie? She's adorable." Nicki smiled and cheesed at his daughter.
"This is Nyla. Are you gonna say hi?" She slowly hid behind Safaree grabbing his pants leg. "Sorry, Nic. She's kinda shy."
'Nic? He called me Nic like he knows me? K.' Nicki thought to herself.
"Go grab a chair and take a seat!" Nic invited him over to their table.
"Who is he?!" Sarai whispered.
"Mind your own!" winked Nicki.
"We just moved here a couple of weeks ago, but we've been staying into a hotel until they add the final touches to our house. I have a son also, he's 13 though." Safaree announced while pulling up a chair. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be so rude. Is this your daughter, Nicki?"
"Yep, that's me. So, what do you do for a living Mr. Samuels?" she half smirked.
"You're a curious one, I see." Safaree chucked and noticed how Nicki kicked her under the table. "Well, I'm the new police chief here in Forsyth County, and I also part own a jewelry store in downtown Atlanta."
"A jewelry store? Wow, you didn't tell me that!" Nicki was shocked and intrigued. Hmmm, a man with two jobs, can buy his own house, 2 kids, and is super attractive and sweet? She'll take that.
"Daddy, I want Icecream now!" His daughter cried.
"Oh, uhm. I can take her up there so you guys can talk if you want."Sarai offered." Safaree handed her a 20 and gave Nyla off to her.
The two of them sat in silence for a while, not really knowing what to say. Safaree, once again, was mesmerized by her beauty. Never had he seen a woman carry herself the way Nicki did, and looked as beautiful as she did. Nicki? The same way. Sure, she liked him.. but wasn't really sure if she was ready or not for a full relationship after the one she just got out of. To her, he was perfect.
"So, where did you move to?" Nicki asked staring into his eyes.
"We recently just moved to Bookhout drive, not to far from here. A house at the end of the subdivision, a real nice neighborhood. The school district is pretty good. My family really likes it out here. I mean, my family meaning me, Nyla, and Noah. My ex wife, Marissa, she was white.. we were married for about 12 years but last month I filed for divorce. Thank God, I got full custody of my kids. I'm just trying to be the best father I can. She's in the process of becoming a recovering alcoholic, but she keeps having relapses. Marissa also doesn't want anything to do with them anymore, which is sad and hard on me. She was the first woman I ever really loved. I'm not gonna lie, I miss her and think about her everyday. She was just..."
Nicki didn't know what to say. This guy just poured her whole heart out to him. The whole time he was talking, she took the time to study everything about him. The first time she saw him, she never would have that he would have went through so much. Just like her.
"Wow, I am so sor-" Nicki began to say, but was cut off.
"Daddy!!! Sarai got me icecream!" Nyla jumped on his lap.
"Can I get some?" he asked, gesturing for Sarai to keep the change.
"No, it's all mine!" She wined.
"But I payed for it, with my own money." he tickled her until she edged off his knee.
"Fine." Nyla pouted and let Safaree have a spoonful.
"But, what were you saying Nicki?"
"Uhhhh, I was just saying that you uhhmmm live down the street from me!" she forced a smile.
"Really? You wanna come to our House Warming party this Friday night? It's nothing big. I would love for you and Sarai to come."
"Thank you so much." Nicki grabbed her purse from off the side of the chair, getting ready to leave.
"I'll call you and let you know what time it is." Safaree got up from his seat, and gave Nicki a hug. 'Woah. This nigga just hugged me? He smells so good, but his chain is beyond cold. Gah, why is he so tall.' she thought to herself. Safaree never wanted to let go of her. He knew that she belonged right there in his arms.
"You'll call me? How do you even know my number?" Nicki asked releasing from his tight hug. Safaree pointed to his badge, and tipped his hat.
"Ohhhh gotcha! I guess I'll see you around." she waved bye to him while leaving the store.
---------------
"Daddy, who was that lady?" Nyla asked while following him into the kitchen.
"Yo, what lady? You seein somebody pops?" Noah barged in the kitchen, rambling through the refrigerator. "Son, we aint got no food here. How am I supposed to eat?" he fussed.
"She's just a new friend. It's nothing too serious. But, she is coming to our house warming on Friday." he made clear.
"How are we gonna have a house warming party when we don't even have food in the refrigerator?" asked Noah, taking a seat at the kitchen table.
"Chill, son. It's plenty of food in the pantry."
"I like her daddy, she's nice."
"I like her too baby girl, I like her a lot." he smirked at the thought of them being together. How cute.
"Whatever, I'll be in my room." Noah walked away while spinning a basketball on his index finger.
"Daddy, is that lady gonna be our new mommy?" she asked leaning against the freezer, looking down at the floor.
"Do you want her to your new mommy, Ny?" he picked her up and started towards the staircase.
"Yes, Old mommy not nice."
"Alright, alright, I see what you're saying kiddo." Safaree sighed as he opened up the doors to her 'Princess themed room' "You like it?"
"Yeah, it's pretty. Put me down now, I wanna go to sleep."
"You sure you're gonna be okay in here by yourself?" He asked, cutting off the lights.
"Yes Daddy, I'm a big girl." Safaree smiled at how cute she was, and closed the door behind him. Making his way downstairs, he grabbed the house phone and dialed her number which he had found as soon as he got home. This conversation, was one he was waiting for.
His hands shook as he dialed the number and waited for an answer.
---------------
"Is this who I think it is?" Nicki smiled, turned on the dishwasher, and ran upstairs to her bedroom.
"You thought right, then." he laughed. "What are you doing? Having a good night?"
"Just got done doing dishes, laying down. Yes, my night is marvelous darling." Nic responded in a British accent.
"Wow, man! I had an amazing time tonight at 'Cold Stone', I'm kinda glad I ran into you again."
"I can say the same."
"So... what were you saying before the girls came to the table?" he asked, pacing back and forth in the living room.
"I was just saying how I never would have thought you would have went through something like that, that's all."
"I mean, everybody has a story, but it's up for you to tell it or not. You didn't have to lie, by the way. I overheard you and your daughter's conversation. Not eavesdropping or anything though. Why don't you turn that man in? He has no right to hit you like he does!!"
Nicki sighed heavily before she responded. "Look, Safaree. He's gone. He left today, and I don't know if he's coming back. Are you happy?"
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say it like that. I'm really sorry. I'm trying to learn how to separate police work and personal life. Sorry." on the other line, he felt so stupid.
"Oh. So, I'm in your personal life now?" Nicki cheesed extra hard, and stared at the ceiling.
"I guess you are. But, hey. Nyla is calling my name, so I think I gotta go. I hate to be so rude."
"Oh, no it's fine. Go tend to your little ladybug! I'll talk to you some other time."
"Alright, have a good night." What he really wanted to say just couldn't come out right, and he wondered if it ever would.
"You too."
Click.
"I.. I... I love you, Nicki." ♥
You like? Y'all have been bugging me about bringing Safaree in, & now he's here!!! (: K. Here are a little visuals...


This is Noah. This is Nyla.
Remember his exwife is white? So, they're mixed. Alright? Alright.
Safaree's new house.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww that was too cute! This is going to be very interestng.
ReplyDeleteEeeeeeeeek! SB has the cutest kids. But yeah, I need for them to be together already. This was a cute chapter, btw.
ReplyDeleteAwww I love this and that's cute how they just met and are mad in love with eachother. Ok at safaree being a little creeper and already having nics number and I can't wait till their lil house warming party. And aww at Nyla wanting nivki to be her new mom
ReplyDeleteAwww they are so cute already! I can't wait for Nic to open up to Safaree. It'll be good for her and help her move on so they can be perfect together. hehe Post soon!
ReplyDeleteOMG!!! he really likes Nic already! His liddle cutie of a daughter, already wants Nic to be her mommy!!! awwwwwww this chapter was so cute
ReplyDeleteawwww is this not like the cutest story ever i love it <3
ReplyDeleteI love how they both had horrible past relationships and hopefully they can help each other heal :D
Awww this story is already beyond cute and they aren't even together yet, and he has some pretty kids. I can't wait to see what happens at this House Warming Party! Great chapter! :D
ReplyDeleteThat little girl is gorgeous. Like WoW!
ReplyDelete& awwwww at Nyla and Sarai bonding. Nyla wants nicki to be her mom, too cute! & for Nicki to be cheesed out like that , can't wait until they make it official.. Oh & I definitely wanna know what's gonna happen at this party Friday Eeeeeeek :)