Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Let The Games Begin

"Excuse me, can you please scoot over so I can sit down?" Noah asked Sarai as he searched for a seat on the bus, but they were all taken. She didn't respond, all she did was move her backpack.

"Are you a new kid?" she asked taking out her headphones.

"I guess. My dad is the new police chief here. I'm in 8th though, you're probably in 9th."

"Do you have a sister named Nyla?"

"Yes mam, how do you know?" Noah intriguingly responded.

"Uhm. My mom and your dad talk."

"Oh!! Wait, oh hell no. Your mom is the lady my daddy been talkin to?" He laughed and rolled his eyes.

"I'm sorry, I missed the joke. What's funny?"

"Nothing, nothing. This is just really awkward. But do you hoop? Dance? My sister does photography for this company or whatever. I don't know, some cute shit she be doing. You Smoke?" 

"I play basketball. The fuck kinda question? No, I don't smoke. I'm too pretty to do that unattractive shit. Does your dad know you smoke?"

"Woah der. Someone is a little cocky with their looks. Well, I'm just saying.. I've seen girls way better looking than you. You ain't even all that, to be honest."

Sarai turned around and looked at him in disgust. "You can get the fuck outta my seat, hope your dad isn't a dick like you. Get the fuck up!" she pushed him and watched him fall into the aisle while everyone laughed.

Noah got up and dusted himself off. "You're really pushing it with me, you know that? You don't know anything about me, so don't try me." he walked to the back of the bus and sat down in the last seat. 

"Was that a threat?" Sarai asked, turning around in her seat to face him.

"Look, Siri do-"

"My name is Sarai." she said with a smile.

"Maybe I came off a little wrong. Don't take me seriously, though. I just like to joke around a lot. No need for you to throw a fucking hissy fit. " Sarai watched him as he got up from his seat and got off the bus. Since he was in 8th, the middle school kids would get dropped of at the middle school in the district first.  She wasn't gonna lie, that lil nigga did piss her off. But, at the same time she did feel wrong for pushing him and embarrassing him like the way she did.


-----------

"Wait, daddy. You plan on surprising my new mommy and taking her out to breakfast?" Nyla asked while tightening her ponytail.

"Yes Mam."

"Can I go?!" Nyla asked, tugging on his pants leg.

"Of course!"

"Ima get your keys, daddy!" She cheesed and smiled at him. Nyla ran down the stairs to where he kept the keys, and Safaree smirked at how cute she sounded running down the steps. 

Safaree walked down the steps to meet Nyla at the front door. Safaree was driving the new, 2013 Ford Expedition in Oxford white. The car by itself, and the interior design was enough for him to fall in love with it. 

"Can I sit in front?" Nyla asked tugging on the door handle.

"Nah, kiddo! You know the drill!" She sighed and hopped into the backseat. The drive down and around the subdivision wasn't really that long, about 3-4 minutes. 

--------------

"Who the hell is this knocking on my door?" Nicki asked herself out loud. She pulled the covers back and went to grab her robe from the closet. Nicki was beyond tired and annoyed that she couldn't get the rest that she needed and deserved. 

"Who is it?" she asked lazily.

"IT'S THE POLICE OPEN UP!" Faree yelled and banged on the front door. Nicki blushed and leaned in to open the door.

"Oh my God, I did not know you guys were coming! I haven't even brushed my teeth yet or anything, I am so sorry. This is so embarrassing. I'll be right back." She started to turn around but felt Safaree tug on her arm.

"Please, don't do that." Nicki whispered while pulling away. 

"Did I hurt you or anything?" he responded, letting go of her arm.

"No, Safaree. I'm sorry, it's.. it's nothing. You and Nyla can come in though."

"Guess what?!" Nyla asked looking up to Nicki.

"What, pretty girl?"

"I told Daddy that I want you to be my new mommy."

Nicki was shocked, surprised, and elated at the same time. She side-eyed Safaree and noticed he was on his phone, not paying attention.

"Oh, really? What did Daddy say?"

Nyla twirled around in circles before she answered the question. "Hmmm, I'm not saying!"

"What are you two over here talking about?" Safaree asked walking over hugging Nicki around the waist. 

Nobody answered. "Oh. Anyway, I came over to invite you to breakfast with Nyla and I on this lovely morning at IHop."

"That is so sweet, Safaree! I would love to go with you guys. Can I get like an hour to get ready though? I'm sorry, I just woke up." 

"Sure, take as long as you want." he paced back and forth looking around at the paintings, designs, colors, and phrases and sayings on the walls.

"Okay. Uhm, feel free to walk around and ya know. In the basement there's a mini movie theater. I still have some kid movies from when Sarai was little, if she wants to watch those. But I'll be done as soon as possible."

Safaree smiled at her in response. 'What is there to do?' he wondered while watching Nicki run up the steps.

"Daddy, I wanna watch a movie like she said."

"Alright, we'll go see what movies she has." Safaree picked her up and looked around the first floor for the door to the movie theater. "Ah, here it is!" He opened up the door and noticed how nice and spacious the finished basement was. A humongous movie screen, nice hard wood floors, a bar, and several couches. "This is pretty nice." Nyla wiggled out of his arms and walked around to find the movie collection. 

"She has Home Alone. Can we watch it daddy?" she asked, bringing him the DVD.

"Of course. Let's see how to work this thing." Safaree went over and pressed the power button on the DVD, put the DVD in, but nothing happened. "This is some wierd shit." he said under his breath.

"Have you thought about turning the screen thingy on first, daddy? Just like this." Nyla shook her head and pressed the power button the remote. "That wasn't so hard,was it?"

"Yeah Yeah. Just enjoy your movie. I'll be upstairs, don't touch anything." Safaree told her, but she just waved him off. As he was walking back upstairs, his phone began to ring and Safaree noticed it was an employee from the store downtown.

"Yo whaddup?"

"It's this riot going on across the street from the store, and its causing major problems. I don't know what to do, boss."

"Calm down, Kevin. Just make sure all the doors are locked if it's really that big. I mean I don't know what to tell you. I don't see how that can affect us that bad."

"Alright, alright. We got more of your favorite jewels in today."

"That's great, but I might be in a little bit later today. I gotta go."

-------

Another 30 minutes passed, Nicki was finally ready to go out to breakfast. "Alright, I have my phone, comb, purse obviously, lip stick, and mone-"

"Money?  You don't need any money, I got this." Nicki was shocked to see him standing in the doorway. "You look beautiful." he smiled down at the carpet and licked his lips.

"Really? You don't think this is too dressy? You don't think I should tone down on the shoes? I mean, all we're doing is going to breakfast." she rambled on and on.

"No, no, no. You look perfect. Everything about you is perfect. Stop worrying."

"You are beyond sweet, thank you so much. Maybe we should go now, I don't wanna keep us waiting. Is Nyla okay down there by herself?" Nicki asked him flipping her hair.

"No need to thank me. Yeah, she's good. After you?" Safaree held out his hand for Nicki to grab as she was getting ready to walk down the steps.

As Nicki was grabbing a jacket from the closet, Nyla came running up the basement steps and shut the door behind her. "So you guys were gonna leave me here?"

"Not at alll! Does your daddy do your hair every day?"

"Yeah, he kinda had to learn by himself since mommy isn't here."

"Well he's doing an amazing job!"

----------

"I haven't been here in a long time." Nicki stated as they pulled into the IHop parking lot. They both decided to use Safaree's car, and he would drive her home when they were done.

"Daddy, unlock the door. I wanna eat!" Nyla whined constantly pulling on the door handle.

"That's how you ask?"

"Daddy can you please unlock the door?"

"That's better."

The three of them got out of the car at the same time, and made there way into the restaurant. They were greeted by a waitress named Lisa.

"Welcome to IHop, how many people do you have?"

"Uhm, 3 people."

"Right this way."


"Can we get a booster seat for her, please?" Safaree asked while letting Nicki in the inside of the booth.

"Of course."

"So, have you thought about what you want?"

"I think I'll have the Split Decision breakfast with water, that's it."

"Are you sure you don't want anything else?"

"I'm pretty sure that's gonna fill me up. What do you want Nyla?"

"I want eggs, pancakes, and orange juice. Can I get that daddy?"

"You can have anything you want. I think I'll take the hashbrowns, eggs, and bacon. And also that thing with strawberries and icecream."

"You mean the Ice Cream sundae?" Nicki asked pointing to it in her menu.

"Yeah that thing." Safaree laughed and the waiter came with Nyla's booster seat.

"Are you in there good, pretty girl?" she asked. Nyla nodded her head.

"Alright, do we have our orders ready?"

Safaree told her what everyone wanted and found out that the wait was going to be about 20 minutes.

"You wanna color with me?" Nyla asked Nicki while opening up the children's book that came with the kid menus. 

"She doesn't wanna color with you, Nyla." Safaree made clear.

"Safaree!! I would love to color with her, she's adorable. What are you tawkin about?" she replied in a deep New York accent. 

"Thank you Ms. Nicki!"

"mmhmm."

----------

"Alright, that was like the best breakfast I've had in a really long time."

"I love watching you eat, it's adorable." Safaree said.

"Ya know, some people would say that's creepy, but I kinda think it's adorable coming from you." she smirked. "But no, you sir. You garfed everything downnnn. Son, you didn't take any breaks."

"Thanks. I mean, I'm a man! And a man gotta eat! I had a really good time, I would love to do it again with just the two of us."

"I would love that too, I'm totally up for dinner one night."

"How about this week?"

"I don't think I can do this week. I know I'm going to have tons of paper work with this new position I have at work. It's going to start to get really, really, hectic around there." Nicki got up from the booth, and the 3 of them started walking back to the car. "Did you tip her, Safaree?"

"Hell no."

Nicki stopped and turned around. "Why not?! I was a waitress once and I damn sure deserved tips. Well, sometimes. But still. Nyla go put this on the table."

"$15.00!! You gave that waiter 15 dollars?"

"Now I'm giving her 20." she told him while handing Nyla an extra 5.

"That's crazy, and unnecessary."

"Whatever, Safaree."

Nyla returned back to them and was ready to go."That waiter was really happy, daddy." Nyla said while opening the door the the two of them to get ready to back to the car.

"Nice." he replied with an attitude.

"Are you really pissed off about that damn tip?"

"No, I could care less actually."

"Alright, Safaree. We can go." Nicki rolled her eyes and hopped into his Ford Expedition.

"How are you guys fighting after the nice breakfast?" Nyla asked Safaree, upset. "It's just money, daddy."

"Nyla. You need to stay in a child's place" Safaree waraned.

The whole ride back to Nicki's house was quiet and you could feel the tension and annoyance in the air. Nicki was surprised that he would get upset over some damn money. It didn't make any sense to her. Safaree was pissed, Not really at the 20 dollars anymore but at himself for acting stupid. 

"Let me walk you in, Nic," Safaree followed her to the front porch. "I'm sorry for acting dumb. It was dumb. I'm dumb,  forgive me."

"It's whatever, Safaree. Just forget about it, it's alright. Sure. I forgive you. It's no big deal anymore."

"You're not taking me seriously."

"Yes, I am. You're doing the most now. I told you to forget about, so do it."

"So you gon do me like that? After what I did for you?"

"Do you like what, Safaree? Oh, so you're expecting me to treat you a certain way. You're just expecting shit out of me? You're not supposed to do things from the heart like that and expect something in return."

"No. I'm sorry. Listen. I'm bad at communicating, it really isn't like that!" Safaree sighed.

"Okay, look. I'll see you tomorrow at your house warming. I can come early if you want me to help you or anything. I really don't wanna argue with you right now."

"I don't either. I guess I'll see you tomorrow then." he walked over to her to give her a short hug. "Are you gonna walk me out?" Safaree asked with his hand on the door handle.

Nicki sighed and opened up the door for him. "Is this good?"

"That's better." Safaree smiled and gave her a peck on the forehead. "I'll call you tonight."

"I'll be waiting."




Nyla At IHop



Safaree's car

6 comments:

  1. Nyla is maid cute. Love her! Tf is up with Safaree's son tho? Rude. The breakfast scene was nice up until Safaree got a little salty about the tip. Why was he so upset? I hope that doesn't affect them, too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOOOAAAAHHHHH! Why was i smiling so hard that i could barely read the damn story ?!?!? Mad cute though! I LOVED IT !!! Please post soon! I need to know what's gonna happen !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safaree and his cheap self halfway ruined the date but Nyla is cute telling Nic she wands her to be her new mom. Sarai was wrong for that embarrassed him in his first day

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWWWWWWW! Nyla is maaaaaad cute! Nic and Safaree seem to be getting into arguments already! lol but anywayyyy... pllleeaasseeee post soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yo Noah was about to get his ass beat lmao. Nyla is so precious. Safaree need to get it together, arguing and they not even together yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noah betta watch it lol && Nyla is sooooooooo adorbz !!! She's very smart too. So Safaree needs to come correct and retry dat lol Nic like "ummm wat???" :(((( geddit togevah playboi.

    ReplyDelete